Friday, September 09, 2005

Background

I'm trying to write a novel. I've been writing it on and off the past two years, mostly off. But lately it's been on. That's one of the reasons I'm starting this blog. I'm hoping that by having an outlet to write all my thoughts it'll motivate me to finish this book. The first draft of the book is three-quarters done. As good as that may sound, it was two-thirds done back in February.


I had my first article published a few months back for a newspaper. I was very excited about this as it gave me the confidence I needed to continue with my novel. I was not only going to finish the book, I was going to submit more articles and to a wider variety of papers and magazines. It was very exciting. So exciting, in fact, that I never wrote another article.


I'm often told, "you're different. But in a good way." I've never been sure what that meant. It reminds me of that scene in Taxi Driver where Cybil Shepard and Robert DeNiro are having coffee and she says, "I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like you." I'm no Travis Bickle, but there is a lot going on upstairs.


I've spent most of life in NYC, but have also lived in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris and London. I currently live in Orlando. The only time I've felt at home is when I'm away from it. Things are exciting when I move to a new place, but I quickly get bored and need to move on. I'm tired of living in a big city, which is why I'm now in Orlando. I enjoy it here, at least for now.


Welcome to my insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home