Monday, December 12, 2005

Bit of Trauma

Just when I was writing every day on the final draft of my book, life got in the way. First impending layoffs at work caused some depression. Then when I learned I wasn't getting cut, one of my cats became seriously ill last week. I'm a HUGE animal lover, and was absolutely traumatized by this. Couldn't sleep or eat while he was in the hospital.

We met him during the early days of our relationship. He was just 10 weeks old at the time (a little stray kitten living in our bushes), and it's now many years later. We've been together during our extended stay in New Jersey, our temporary residence in Virginia and now Florida. He stayed with relatives in Maryland during our Round-The-World trip. He's an integral part of our family and has been a stabilizing force during our up and down periods. So to come home one night and find him listless and depressed was horrifying for us.

Our little friend spent two nights in a hospital, during which time I couldn't sleep. I took two days off from work to deal with this. But he's back home now and on medication, so we're hoping and praying that he'll be okay. I haven't been able to write during this time, but hopefully I will soon. Sera thinks the cat is doing better than I am at the moment. He runs around and plays like normal, while I can't sleep or eat from worry-"does he look okay?" "Is he drinking enough water?" "Is he drinking too much water?". So right now I'm just relaxing and trying to get myself better. I'm hoping to continue the final draft of my book tomorrow. 'Til then.

2 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

i hope your cat recovers.
and for both of your sakes it seems.

and by what you write, it seems the cat is on the mend. i hope that streak continues.

8:43 PM  
Blogger exley said...

Thank you so much. That's very thoughtful. I think I'm driving the cat crazy, too. I try to spend every minute with him because I'm so worried, and he says, "enough already! I need some alone time," and struts off. LOL.
But thank you again for your concern. I appreciate it.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home