Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Blogging

So what is this blogging thing anyway? Is it just some vainglorious attempt for the average anonymo to get people to pay attention? Is it a diary of most private thoughts for the whole world to see? Maybe it's a combination of all of these.

I never could keep a journal. I've tried but it never worked out. Fortunately I have a mostly perfect memory and can recall more than I'd care to remember.

Funny how I even found out about this whole blogging thing. My boss wanted to go to Rachel's for lunch. I mostly go for their lip-smacking buffets rather than the plastic lip-smackers that work there, and so tried to Google their food menu. Not surprisingly I couldn't find it. But I did stumble on the blog of a former employee of the place. I began reading it when I got home and found myself addicted. I checked out a few other blogs to see if they were equal in intelligensia and sordidness. Unfortunately I found out that most are either gibberish or not in English. So I've limited myself to the number of blogs I visit to a handful. And one of them has seemingly disappeared from cyberspace.

But in the end it's nice to chat from time to time with interesting people from the globe over who share similar thoughts. I think that's what it's all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home