Thursday, March 09, 2006

Concerts, Movies, etc.

I have relatives in town visiting this week. That would be a week of joy for many. It's pure stress for myself. I'm just trying to get through it all and then have my hum-drum life back again.

The Coldplay show on Sunday was good for us, not for all. People living near the Tampa Amphitheatre complained in the past about the noise levels, and so the theater removed speakers in the back. If you were sitting up front like we were, then everything was good. People in the back couldn't hear. The Tampa Amphitheater is the worst place to ever see a concert.

I find Coldplay's music to be motivational and inspirational. Very intelligent. Chris Martin came out with a bouquet of red roses for the fans a few minutes before the show began and apologized for cancelling the concert back in September. How many stars would do that?

I'm currently reading Douglas Coupland's "Hey, Nostradamus." It's intriguing. This is the third novel of his I've read. Sometimes it feels like he's recycling characters and stories, though. I wish he'd do something a bit different--sort of like Bret Easton Ellis's "American Psycho." It was such a departure from his previous works.

Don't try reading more than one book at a time. I found myself reading 3 or 4 books last week and I got nowhere with all of them.

Sera and I saw Woody Allen's "Match Point" over the weekend. Great film, but a bit too derivative of "Crimes and Misdemeanors." But definitely worth seeing. I'm quickly becoming a Scarlett Johannsen fan.

I was very happy to hear that "Crash" won Best Picture. That was the best film I've seen in years. Very powerful with lots of ironic twists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home